Supporting the local community
Hempstead Valley is situated in the heart of the local community and boasts a strong, loyal customer base. We work closely with local community groups helping them in various ways including access to the centre, sponsorship of local events and promotional support their fundraising activities.
A range of community activities are held in our Community Hall located at the top of the stairs (located behind Subway, by the Food Court).
For a full list of fitness classes, please go the events section on this website.
Here's a taste of what's currently on offer!
- Monday evening - Dance Aerobics & Zumba Gold
- Tuesday afternoon - Ballet, tap and modern dance classes for 14-16 year olds.
- Tuesday evening - Exercise Express, 8-9pm
- Wednesday am - Tai Chi for Health, 9.30 - 10.30 and then 10.45 - 11.45
- Thursday evening - Exercise Express, 8-9pm
- Saturday morning - Medway stop smoking service between 10am and 12pm
- Saturday afternoon - Amanda Jayne Dance & Stage School from 12.30, classes for children up to 18 years old.
Please note: The Community Hall is currently available for hire Wednesday evenings and all day Sundays. E-mail email@example.com for further information.
Fancy joining the Hempstead Valley Short Mat Bowls Club...? The club meets every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 1.30 - 4pm and Friday evenings from 7pm to 10pm.
Annual subscription: £10 per player.
Per Session: £1 per person, payable prior to play
Guests: £1.50 payable per person.
Please call 01634 387 076 for further details.Age Concern Bus
Hempstead Valley operates a community bus service every Monday and Tuesday running between retirement homes in the Gillingham/Rainham area and Hempstead Valley.
Help us to help others...
The NHS host blood donor sessions up to twelve times per year here at Hempstead Valley with mobile units stationed in the Yellow car park (close to Argos and Santander). Look out for the banners at the main entrances for dates and times of upcoming sessions.
Are you a women over 50...?
Did you know that the NHS periodically offers mobile breast screening sessions here at Hempstead Valley...?
For more information contact your GP.